Friday, March 1, 2013

Updates

Every handmade extraordinary outfit I see, I want to be more a fashion/accessory designer!
So I decided I want to make my first waistbelt with a handpainted 'cameo'. I want to do it this time withouth help of my mom (ofcourse she will have to guide me a bit, but I want to do it now without her sewing a thing!)
Here is the design so far. I made the pattern, and on the drawing you see what the result is going to be. Probably the beaded part will be like the right part of the belt, so on the edges. But that can still change. The picture is going to be a steamtrain. It's going to be handpainted with acrylics from a photo I made some time ago, If I still can find it back ofcourse! But I'll have to, messy me!



Next on the list are my new supplies I got in. So I want to make more jewelry. Though the problem is that I need soooo much time to overthink everything if it looks good or not.


This is also a necklace where I am doubting about the center piece, which one to take. The peacock is too oval, the green stone is too big. These things drive me a bit crazy (or was I already?) :P



It is possibly that I will be less active for some time on my page with new jewelry designs. This is because I want to become better at some things. I want to upgrade myself. I am also thinking about studying fashion or jewelry designer at syntra. Though I'm not sure which one to choose because I want to put the emphasis on accessories in general, so both jewelry and fabric related. Another problem is the costprize! 1750 euros is quite a lot for a year of jewelry designing (materials not included!). I also have to move to Antwerp then. For fashion design I can go closer to home: Alost or Brussels. But I heard Syntra Brussels for fashion design is better.
Anyone with experiences with Syntra (or other fashion/jewelry schools) may sent me their thoughts!

Next thing on the list: start working and ordering mooooore supplies, and first going after my package at the post office!

Love,
Natascha, The Black Cat

No comments: