Saturday, February 16, 2013

Experiments!

Hey!
I am experimenting with fimo and gold patina. I'm also trying out new styles, since I want to be more original! The earrings are as good as finished. The cabochons are for stud earrings. The white bead won't be used since it's only an experiment, but I'm going to make more items in these colors! I love baroque and rococo! And the big cabochon with roses and fabric will probably be a brooch or a hairclip (with an alligatorclip, since these are the best), unless someone wants to make me a necklace of it.
Everything will soon be for sale at my Facebook page and at my Storenvy store and at my Dawanda store





Something else I want to say, and something more personal, is that I really want to do this for my job. But I know it is hard to live from it, let's say even impossible! That's why I am experimenting now, to create a more unique style, to be different from the rest. Nobody wants to buy something handmade that everyone else makes too, right?
Another problem with making this my job is the prices that will have to raise due taxes and such things. I don't want this to do, because I know people don't want to spend much on jewelry that isn't silver or gold (but I am absolutely thinking about silversmith.. but again: prices will be muuuuuuch higher, and again unafordable for you).
So I'm a bit unsure about what I should do.
Another thing that makes me uncertain is that I see that it is hard to be original. It is hard to stand out. And if you don't stand out, you will never have succes. So I'll think I have to be fine with a boring job and jewelry and drawing as hobby.


Some more happy news: my sketchbook is full of ideas that I want to make! Be prepared for some new work! I also want to make more chain harnasses/shoulderpatches things. But I first have to find out for the sizes to fit for everyone. Prices will probably be between 40-50 euro (50-65 dollar).
PS, if you didn't already see it in my shops, I do sent internationally now!

Kind regards,

Natascha

The Black Cat Designs

No comments: