Saturday, August 27, 2011

Collar failed

The collar didn't came out as how I wanted it to be :(

I had a great idea in my mind, and I really thought it would work. but now I see the finished result, it really sucks!
The fabric was really a bitch to drag, but also to hem. The overlock looked shit, so I had to hide it, so I stitched a black ribbon over it, which made it really.. Suck.
Maybe some ruffles (in lace or tulle. tulle is cheaper for when I mess it up once again) would make it better, though I'm afraid it will wrinkle in the same bad way as it does now. If someone could help me out. It's really not sellable now. Anyway I was going to keep it for myself. But I want it to be better when I want to sell ever some of these.
Here are some photos. Sorry for the flash and bad lightening, it's evening and we have only orangish lights.


At daylight. I lay it good to look good


Evening photo, where I didn't lay it good to make it look good. I just lay it as how it is. The ribbon turns around in every direction. It drives me crazy! Maybe the ribbion is too stiff, however I don't think that any ribbon is super limp.


Maybe I should add roses to make it more interesting. but that doesn't solve my problem.

No comments: